Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ngiya xolisa kakhulu!!

Here is a wonderful Zulu phrase I have discovered is priceless knowledge here.... ngiya xolisa kakhulu... I am very sorry!!! It actually sorta means I apologize very much, but either way, it is used to express remorse and the sincerest of apology... which is what you deserve from me. It has been FAR too long since my last blog update and there has been SO much to update you on! Our first all-volunteer retreat, my travels throughout South Africa and Lesotho over the holidays, volunteering at other YAGM's sites and my joyous return to Bonaero Park. SO, stay tuned because you will be receiving update on all these things in the upcoming week or so.

I have resolved in this new year to communicate better with those of you who mean so much to me and to spend my time writing about my experiences. It's awesome how easily I get caught up in conversations and laughter with the people who live here with me in Bonaero Park but I need to remember that it's super important that I tell you about how great it is! After work, I usually go to the kitchen to catch up with some of the staff there who have been having rather quiet days lately since the year has been slow to start. Then I usually run into the security guys or the groundskeeper, Lungisani on my way to my room and end up chatting about the day, the weekend, the holiday or anything. Then after getting to my room, I usually find myself either visiting the staff house to see other friends here or I get a call from another YAGM or I get the chance to read a letter from the states. Before I know it, it's time for dinner and Generations! My favorite soapie here. =)By the time Generations ends, it's 8:30... which is not super late but there's not much else to do! So I usually journal or read the verses of the day and then head to bed. =) SO, you see, it's not impossible to find some time to blog. Though the past month with all my traveling throughout the country with very limited internet access, it was relatively impossible.

But new year, new resolutions and a new start means frequent updates! So again, stay tuned and I'll be telling you some wonderful stories about this beautiful country which has become a second home to me. =)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Amanda,

    There is no need to apologize, at least to me because I have been so remiss in writing to you. Please know that you are loved and missed as well as though of often.

    It brings me much joy to know you are so happy.

    Much love and well wishes. I promise to write you a VERY long letter soon.


    Meghan

    ReplyDelete